The experienced team from Intermountain Medical Imaging and Gem State Radiology will work together with qualified Saint Alphonsus professionals to provide a seamless transition of PET services for both referring providers and patients alike.
“With the addition of the new Siemens Biograph mCT PET-CT scanner to the Saint Alphonsus campus, patients will benefit not only from the enhanced accessibility to, and comfort offered by the equipment, but also significantly shortened scan times due to state-of-the-art technology.”
Ian Davey, MD
Radiologist with Gem State Radiology
BENEFITS TO THE PATIENT
- Improved patient experience through increased scan speeds, while using as little exposure as possible.
- The generous 78cm bore provides a wider opening and more space; this proves beneficial for larger patients, and/or those patients that may be claustrophobic.
- The table weight limit is 500lbs.
- Anesthesia is available in the PET-CT suite for those patients in need of it, typically a subset of pediatric patients.
- Developed for a wide variety of patients of different ages, sizes and physical conditions, the new PET-CT scanner has features that optimize patient comfort.
KEY IMAGING APPLICATIONS
- Improved detection and quantification of molecular process within the body.
- Rapid and precise scanning, allowing for a lower radiation dose to the patient.
- Advanced software applications enable accurate assessments of oncologic, neurologic and cardiologic conditions.
- Improved tumor characterization, allowing for better staging and monitoring of disease.
- Improved accuracy in the assessment of treatment response.
WHY BIOGRAPH MCT PET-CT
- Increased image quality with less noise for greater image clarity.
- Image clarity and scanning efficiency is ideal for expanding applications in neuroimaging and cardiac imaging.